Hello from the Penn State School of Music Horn Studio! I am happy to guide you through a ‘tour’ of our well-regarded, energetic and talented studio. This is a place where horn students have tremendous playing opportunities. With three orchestras and three outstanding concert bands, both with world class conductors, horn players are always in demand. Where else can one play Shostakokich Symphony No. 5, Strauss Till Eulenspiegel, Beethoven Overture to Fidelio, Mendelssohn Scottish Symphony and Mahler Symphony No. 5 in ONE YEAR? If you are interested in our program, please contact me at any time. I look forward to having you join us!
Penn State University
Quick facts at a glance. . .
- Individual attention from a full-time resident artist/performer
- Horn quartets galore
- Three orchestras
- A large, well established and respected Horn Ensemble
- A nationally recognized 250 piece PSU BLUE BAND
- Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Concert Band and more
- Woodwind and brass quintets, coached by wind/brass faculty
- A close knit environment within a large, exciting Big 10 University
- Master classes from visiting artists